Create your Vision for 2021!
Visualise Your Future
It is vital to visualise what you want rather than what you do not want to occur in life. Visualisation is the opposite of anxiety, it allows us to dream of how we want our life to look. It is anticipatory rather than fear driven. It is liberating and actually helps us to achieve our hearts desires..
Create a Vision Board
The thought of creating a vision board may sound daunting but it is far from it. It may seem a strange thing to write about creating a vision board for your future during a pandemic but if not now then when? If 2020 has taught us anything at all, it is that we have no control! But it will end and we need to have a vision of our future to keep us going, because what we focus one what we get. Yes, we must build in a moving timescale and be prepared to adjust but this in itself is a great gift to learn. Peace comes with accepting life’s ups and downs with equanimity. A visions board will remind you of where you want to head in 2021 (or any time of the year!). Positive ideas can focus the mind and give us hope as well as direction.
This is a how to guide!
- Gather together things that inspire you. Cut up magazines or mine images or quotes from the internet. They should be aspirational and positive. Things that make you feel happy, hopeful and positive.
- This is where you create something that speaks to you. The next part is up to you. Do you like A1 sized paper, A4 or do you like to work on the computer? You can have several boards for different facets of your life or one large board. You can have an image on your phone, tablet or computer that is a compilation of all your images, available to look at whenever you use your device. As long as it speaks to you, the you have a vision board!
- Separate them into different categories i.e relationships, exercise, healthy eating, job or education.
- Dream about what you want to have achieved by the end of 2021. Write it down i.e I want to get that promotion, be in a relationship, have travelled to. ( Vaccine permitting!!).? Dream big!
- Create your success in images or words. If you want to write a book, design the cover & write your name on the cover. Write No1 Bestseller! Want to receive an award? Then create the image of you receiving it!………..you get the idea.
- Start sticking, copying & pasting. You can divide the board into as many sections of your life as you wish and then start filling them up.
- Stand back & admire. Then add to the vision or be happy with it as it is, your choice!
- Make sure you hang it up or keep it in a place where you can see it regularly.
- Update it as you meet the goals!
- Sharing your vision board with others, if you wish, can be a good idea because it makes the dreams feel more tangible & you can enlist their support.
Enjoy! it is your board! If you like it & it speaks to you, then well done!
I hope this process is an enjoyable one. It does work!